Excess protection cover 2
Shape your cover
If you have an accident in your van and have to make a claim, why pay out your excess if you don’t have to?
In the event of a claim, you would usually be required to pay towards it, which can add up. Our excess protection optional extra is designed to cover your excess, up to £500, if it can't be recovered by a third party, for up to two claims a year during your period of insurance. This can save you money in the long run and make your life easier if you need to make a claim.
- If the third party has driven off and you haven't got their details
- If the third party is uninsured and you haven’t got their details
- If the van has been stolen
- If the accident was your fault
What's not covered
- Any excess for theft or attempted theft of personal belongings.
- Any claim for windscreen or glass damage.
- Any claim where the van insurer does not provide cover under the terms of the underlying van insurance policy.
- The amount of your claim should be greater than your excess.