Legal expenses cover
Shape your cover
At Ageas, we understand that the cost of taking legal advice can be daunting. That's why our legal expenses optional extra offers you up to £100,000 to help recover losses you are not insured for, personal injury and compensation for damaged belongings following a road accident that wasn't your fault.
Our legal expenses optional cover is designed to make sure you are not out of pocket, should you need to take legal action for both losses and legal fees after a road accident.
- Up to £100,000 cover for you, your passengers and your vehicle if you're in an accident, which was the fault of another insured and identifiable driver
- The cost of a solicitor, legal advice and support settling the claim
- Personal injury cover for you and your passengers following a road traffic accident, which wasn't your fault
- Uninsured loss recovery – damages and recovering costs if you're in an accident that wasn't your fault and the other insured party is at fault, including medical treatment, overnight accommodation and travel costs due to the loss of your van
- Defence of motoring prosecutions – defending a criminal legal action that has arisen from the use of your van
- Van contract disputes – either pursuing or defending contract disputes, which relate to the sale of goods of services associated with your vehicle, including the vehicle itself
- Vehicle cloning – if your van identity is stolen, you’ll be covered for costs to defend criminal or civil proceedings
- Van insurance database disputes – costs for disputes following false or incorrect information about you or your van on the motor insurance database are covered
What’s not covered
- Any Claim reported more than 180 days after the incident.
- Any Legal costs you pay before the claim is accepted.
- There must be more than a 50% chance of winning the case for a claim to be accepted.