Have we asked you to provide your proof of No Claims Discount (NCD)?
Yes - If we've asked for your proof of No Claims Discount (NCD), here you can find all the help you need to provide it quickly and easily. Please note you must send your proof of NCD within 14 days from the day you purchased your policy to prevent the policy from being cancelled.
No - If we haven't asked for your proof of NCD, please don't send it over, as it may cause unnecessary confusion while we process your policy.
If you're not sure of whether we've asked for your proof of NCD or not, please check your emails. If we do need your proof, we will have told you this in your welcome email. Please make sure you check your spam folder, too.
Documents accepted as proof:
- Full renewal invitation letter
- Cancellation letter
- Proof of bonus letter
You can provide original copies, photos or screenshots in one single file, as long as the whole document is visible.
Your proof of NCD must be:
- From a private UK car insurance policy
- No more than 2 years old
- Only used to insure one car. If you have a multi-car policy, please send the document that refers to the car you've insured with us
- Provided by your previous insurer (such as your renewal invitation or cancellation letter)
Haven't registered for an online account yet?
Upload your proof of No Claims Discount
If we've asked for your proof of NCD, you can upload your document below, in one of the following formats: Microsoft Word document, PDF, PNG and JPG (maximum size: 3MB). Please make sure to send all pages on the document you are using as proof in one single submission - don't try to upload it more than once.
No Claims Discount help video
Take a look at the video below for a quick view on what we accept as your proof of No Claims Discount and how you can send it to us.
Frequently asked questions
We'll get in touch with you if we need to see proof of your No Claims Discount. If we've already contacted you, you can provide your proof of No Claims Discount by uploading it in your online account or submit it directly through our online form. Just so you know, if we ask you for proof of your No Claims Discount, you’ll need to send it to us within 14 days of purchase, otherwise we’ll have to cancel your policy and won’t be able to restart cover for you.
What to do
Once you’re logged in to your online account, click on the ‘Your documents’ tab in the My Car page. Click on ‘Add document’ and add your No Claims Discount file, click on ‘Upload’ and it will automatically be sent to us to review. You will also be able to see your document in the ‘Your Uploaded Documents’ section on the Documents tab.
Alternatively, you can post your proof of No Claims Discount to the following address:
Deansleigh House, Deansleigh Road
Bournemouth BH7 7DU
Note: Please do not send your proof of NCD to any other postal address, as this may mean we are unable to process it or start your policy.
Once we’ve received your proof we'll then contact you to confirm it is acceptable or let you know if we need any more information.
What we accept
What we’re after as acceptable proof is either a full renewal invitation, a cancellation letter or a Proof of No Claims Discount letter from your previous insurer. Whichever option you go for, you’ll need to include:
- A letterhead that clearly identifies your previous insurer
- Your previous policy number
- Your previous policy expiry date
- Your name and full address
- Your No Claims Discount in years
Uploads can be in a variety of formats, including Microsoft Word, PDF or a photo in the following formats: GIF, PNG, JPG, JPEG and JPE. Just make sure your document is less than 3MB.
You can access this yourself in your online account. Once you're logged in, click ‘My Car’ and then in the ‘Your documents’ tab, you can open your insurance certificate and save it to your computer. You can log into your account up to 6 months after your policy has ended. If you require your No Claims Discount after this time, please contact us on Live Chat.
Each insurer has a maximum NCD they will offer. Our maximum at Ageas is 9 years. If you come to us with more than 9 years NCD, you will be entitled to our maximum discount of 9 years, which will show as 9+ years on your documentation.
No claims discount can only be earned and used by the policyholder.
We would not be able to confirm your policy with a no claims discount that is NOT in the name of the policyholder.
We are also not able to use a no claims discount in the name of your spouse. In addition to this, please note that the main driver and the policyholder can be different. If you are the main driver but not the policyholder, unfortunately we will not be able to confirm the policy with your proof of no claims discount.
You can only use the number of years gained with your previous insurer under one vehicle/policy.
We can accept proof of no claims discount earned for a different vehicle if the discount is no longer used for any other vehicle.
If your no claims discount states a different vehicle to the one we are insuring and you are not using on any other vehicles, please confirm this to us when you send us the proof. This will speed up the process of confirming your policy.
We want to make it as easy as possible for you to manage your insurance policy. That's why you can manage your account online 24/7 with no administration charges – meaning you can make adjustments when it suits you. You can:
- Update your personal details
- View and download your policy documents
- Amend your policy
- Renew your policy
You'll need to fill in our short registration form. Once you've entered all your details, click 'Create My Online Account'.
Once you've successfully signed in, you'll be able to take advantage of all sorts of online services, including viewing your policy documents, uploading your No Claims Discount documents, and making changes to or renewing your policy.
If you have any other queries about your online account, please speak to us via Live Chat.
- You can reset your password yourself online.
- Click the ‘forgotten password’ link on the log-in page. You need to provide your username, then this will take you to a page where you can choose how you would like to recover your password
- If you choose to answer a security question, you’ll be asked one of the questions you set-up when creating your online account. Once answered successfully, you’ll then be asked to choose and confirm a new password
- If you choose to be emailed a unique link, click on the button in the email and you’ll be taken to a page to choose and confirm your new password.
- You can retrieve your username yourself online.
- Click the ‘forgotten username’ link on the log-in page. This will take you to a page where you'll be asked to input your surname, date of birth and post code.
- Once confirmed, this will take to a pages where you can choose how you would like to retrieve your username
- If you choose to answer a security question, you’ll be asked one of the questions you set-up when creating your online account. Once answered successfully, you’ll then be shown your username
- If you choose email we’ll send you an email containing your username
Check you are using the correct username and password (these may be case sensitive) use the ‘forgotten username’ and ‘forgotten password’ links to re-set these details so you can log in.
You can view all your documents in your online account. Once you’re logged in head to the ‘My Car’ or 'My Home' page and click on the ’Your documents’ tab. Here you will be able to see all your documents, to open a document just click on the view button next to it.