It’s easy to provide proof of your No Claims Discount (NCD)
Here you can find all the help you need to provide your proof quickly and easily, if we have asked for it. Please note you must send your proof of NCD within 14 days from the day you purchased your policy to complete your insurance. Without it your policy may be cancelled.
If you've already sent it to us, don't worry. You don’t need to contact us or send it again. We will email you as soon as your proof of NCD has been processed.
What you need to provide
We need either a full renewal invitation letter, a cancellation letter or a proof of bonus letter from your previous insurer. The document should be for a single vehicle only, and clearly display the following:
- Your No Claims Discount in years
- Your name and address
- Names and logo of your previous insurer
- Your previous policy expiry date
- Your registration number.
You can provide original copies, photos or screenshots in one single file, as long as the whole document is visible.
Watch our NCD video
Watch the video below for a quick view on what we can accept as your proof of No Claims Discount.
Ready to submit your proof of NCD?
If your NCD years will only be used for the vehicle you're insuring with us, and your proof was issued within the last two years, here's how to submit it to us:
- Upload* using the form below.
- Upload* into your online account. Click here to log in or create an account, if you haven't done it yet.
- Post copies to Ageas, Deansleigh House, Deansleigh Road, Bournemouth, BH7 7DU.
*You can upload your documents in one of the following formats: Microsoft Word document, PDF, PNG and JPG (maximum size: 3MB). Please make sure to send all pages on the document you are using as proof in one single submission - don't try to upload it more than once.
No problem, here's some more information on what we're looking for:
We are unable to accept the following as proof of NCD
- The ‘Statement of fact’ from your previous insurer.
- Any discount built up under a commercial fleet or motor trade policy.
- Any discount built up under an insurance policy for motorcycle, taxi or private hire vehicle.
- Any discount built up under a policy held outside of the UK.
Things to look out for
- The number of years of discount should be clearly shown.
- The No Claims Discount proof must be an original document that hasn’t been altered.
- The documents should include the vehicle details and the previous insurer’s name and contact details.
- Make sure the vehicle registration number shown on your proof is the same that is shown on your new policy.
- Proof of No Claims Discount can only be applied to one policy and cannot be used across multiple vehicles or policies.
Upload your form below
Frequently asked questions
We'll get in touch with you if we need to see proof of your No Claims Discount. If we've already contacted you, you can provide your proof of No Claims Discount by uploading it in your online account. Just so you know, if we ask you for proof of your No Claims Discount, you’ll need to send it to us within 14 days of purchase, otherwise we’ll have to cancel your policy and won’t be able to restart cover for you.
What to do
Go to our No Claims Discount Help page and submit your proof using our online form.
Alternatively, you can log in to your online account and click on the ‘Your documents’ tab in the 'My Car' or 'My Van' page. Then click on ‘Add document’, add your No Claims Discount file and click ‘Upload’. Your proof will bel automatically sent to us. You will also be able to see your document in the ‘Your Uploaded Documents’ section on the Documents tab.
Once we’ve received your proof we'll then contact you to confirm it is acceptable or let you know if we need any more information.
What we accept
What we’re after as acceptable proof is either a full renewal invitation, a cancellation letter or a Proof of No Claims Discount letter from your previous insurer. Whichever option you go for, you’ll need to include:
- A letterhead that clearly identifies your previous insurer
- Your previous policy number
- Your previous policy expiry date
- Your name and full address
- Your No Claims Discount in years
Uploads can be in a variety of formats, including Microsoft Word, PDF or a photo in the following formats: GIF, PNG, JPG, JPEG and JPE. Just make sure your document is less than 3MB.
You can access this yourself in your online account. Once you're logged in, click ‘My Car’ or 'My Van' and then in the ‘Your documents’ tab, you can open your insurance certificate and save it to your computer. You can log into your account up to 6 months after your policy has ended. If you require your No Claims Discount after this time, please contact us using our Virtual Assistant.
Each insurer has a maximum NCD they will offer. Our maximum at Ageas is 9 years. If you come to us with more than 9 years NCD, you will be entitled to our maximum discount of 9 years, which will show as 9+ years on your documentation.
No claims discount can only be earned and used by the policyholder.
We would not be able to confirm your policy with a no claims discount that is NOT in the name of the policyholder.
We are also not able to use a no claims discount in the name of your spouse. In addition to this, please note that the main driver and the policyholder can be different. If you are the main driver but not the policyholder, unfortunately we will not be able to confirm the policy with your proof of no claims discount.
You can only use the number of years gained with your previous insurer under one vehicle/policy.
We can accept proof of no claims discount earned for a different vehicle if the discount is no longer used for any other vehicle.
If your no claims discount states a different vehicle to the one we are insuring and you are not using on any other vehicles, please confirm this to us when you send us the proof. This will speed up the process of confirming your policy.
We want to make it as easy as possible for you to manage your insurance policy. That's why you can manage your account online 24/7 with no administration charges – meaning you can make adjustments when it suits you. If you have Ageas Car Insurance or Ageas Van Insurance, you can:
- Update your personal details
- View and download your policy documents
- Amend your policy
- Renew your policy
If you are a home insurance customer, you can view and download your policy documents on your online account.
You'll need to fill in our short registration form. Once you've entered all your details, click 'Create My Online Account'.
Once you've successfully signed in, you'll be able to take advantage of all sorts of online services, including viewing your policy documents, uploading your No Claims Discount documents, and making changes to or renewing your policy.
If you have any other queries about your online account, please speak to us using our Virtual Assistant.
- You can reset your password yourself online.
- Click the ‘forgotten password’ link on the log-in page. You need to provide your username, then this will take you to a page where you can choose how you would like to recover your password
- If you choose to answer a security question, you’ll be asked one of the questions you set-up when creating your online account. Once answered successfully, you’ll then be asked to choose and confirm a new password
- If you choose to be emailed a unique link, click on the button in the email and you’ll be taken to a page to choose and confirm your new password.
- You can retrieve your username yourself online.
- Click the ‘forgotten username’ link on the log-in page. This will take you to a page where you'll be asked to input your surname, date of birth and post code.
- Once confirmed, this will take to a pages where you can choose how you would like to retrieve your username
- If you choose to answer a security question, you’ll be asked one of the questions you set-up when creating your online account. Once answered successfully, you’ll then be shown your username
- If you choose email we’ll send you an email containing your username
Check you are using the correct username and password (these may be case sensitive) use the ‘forgotten username’ and ‘forgotten password’ links to re-set these details so you can log in.
You can view all your documents in your online account. Once you’re logged in head to the ‘My Car’, 'My Home' or 'My Van' page and click the ’Your documents’ tab. Here you will be able to see all your documents, to open a document just click on the view button next to it.