Flood Hub

Ageas Flood protection that's easy as

Welcome to the Flood Hub for everything you need before, during or after a flood.

purple and white icon of a flood

Is your home at risk?

5.2 million UK homes are at risk of flooding from the sea or rivers and 2.8 million are at risk of surface water flooding.

protecting your home from a flood

Did you know that one in six UK properties is at risk of flooding?1 We're here to help you protect your home and offer support if your home is affected.

Flood damage prevention checklist

house illustration with points
  1. Landscaping - Can be used to help divert water away from the building.
  2. Flood gates - Consider installing on your external doors.
  3. Flood sacks - Have these on standby to add to both sides of your door.
  4. Flood boards - Fix these to your doors and windows.
Internal flood prevention tips diagram
  1. Flooring - Lay tiles instead of carpets or wooden floors.
  2. Electrics - Move electrical sockets higher up the wall and fit non-return valves.
  3. Airbricks - Fit self-closing airbricks or buy airbrick covers to stop flood water from entering.
  4. Protect large valuables - Buy large sealable bags for large items, e.g. electrical goods, sofas that may be too hard to move.
  5. Emergency grab bag - Prepare a bag of essentials that you'll need if you have to leave your home in an emergency.

flood mary presents...

We've joined forces with Flood Mary to bring you some video tips to help with flood prevention and recovery.

Cost-Effective Flood Damage Prevention

Flood Mary presents Cost-Effective Flood Damage Prevention
View the full series of Flood Mary video tips

Flooding: Prevention advice

Find out what you can do to prevent damage to your home - in the long and short term.

UK Countryside with river

Flooding: Is your home at risk?

flooded river homes uk

How to protect your home against floods

flood - illustration of internal short term prevention tips

What to do in the event of a flood?

View more articles


Ageas were one of the first insurers to join Flood Re and the Build Back Better scheme to help reduce the risks of flooding and damage to homes. Find out how.

Find out more about our Build Back Better scheme

photo of a flooded street and park area

Have you been affected?

If your home has been affected by flooding, we understand how distressing it can be and we're here to help as best we can.


1. Check your home insurance cover view policy documents. If you bought your Ageas policy via an Insurance Broker, please contact your broker and ask to see your policy wording.
2. Gather what you need to make a claim online
3. Make a claim online, it's quick and easy
4. Need to check an existing claim? You can manage it online
5. If you'd prefer to speak to someone, you can get in touch via our virtual assistant

claims icon

Need to make a claim?

If you need to register a new claim or manage an existing claim, it's quick, easy and 24/7 online.


 Not sure what your cover includes? Here's an overview of our home flood cover.

what's not covered


  • Fences
  • Gates
  • Swimming Pools
  • Hot Tub covers

    Please note this relates to our standard Ageas Extra Home Insurance policy. Please refer to your policy documents if your insurance is provided through a broker or third party.

What to do after a flood?

If your home is affected, we're to help you deal with the impact of flooding.

illustration of house

Buildings and contents cover: Flooding

Couple using laptop at home

How to make a claim online

Woman cleaning up after water leak

How to avoid water damage in your home

View more articles
Icon of storm cloud

Storm protection

Visit our storm hub for tips to help protect your home - before, during or after a storm.

Frequently asked questions

We've outlined the steps that you should take if you need to check for water or storm damage and you need to make a claim.
How to make a claim

If you need to know exactly what your home insurance covers, the quickest way is to check your policy documents. Here is a quick overview.

  • Is your property uninhabitable or unsecured?
  • Do you need to make us aware of any exceptional circumstances affecting you or someone you live with?
  • If so, then please get in touch by calling 0345 165 5753 and we'll get you to the right person as soon as possible.
  • This will depend on the cover you have. If you have buildings cover, in the event of a successful claim, any part of your building which has been damaged as a result of the extreme weather will be covered.
  • If you have contents cover, then any damaged contents will be covered.
  • Policy limits are shown in your policy documentation.
  • Fences, gates, trees and hedges are not covered in the event of storm damage under your buildings cover. Please refer to your policy booklet as some garden items may be covered under contents cover if you have that.

We understand that some customers like to stay in their own homes where possible, so we can provide facilities like temporary kitchens and bathrooms to enable you to do so. If you do have to leave the property, we will help you make those arrangements, whether this is staying with relatives or checking into suitable alternative accommodation.

For more information on alternative accommodation cover please refer to your policy documentation.

Get in touch

Supporting all customers

Life can bring challenges, and we’re committed to working in a way that supports your individual needs and circumstances.

If you’re facing a challenging life event, experiencing financial difficulties, are or need help with the way that we communicate with you, we’d like to help.

heart in hand symbol

Where else can I get help?

If you need additional support with your health, wellbeing or finances, you don't have to face anything alone. There are numerous charities and organisations you can reach out to.