Home emergency cover
Shape your cover
We're here to help when things go wrong. Our optional home emergency cover provides up to £500 in emergency call-outs, parts or labour to help you put things right quickly.
Our home emergency cover includes:
- A call-out service that's available 24/7, 365 days a year
- Overnight accommodation if your house is not suitable to stay in after an emergency
- Bursting or sudden leaks from water pipes, or the failure of your hot water heating system
- Damage or mechanical failure that results in the loss of use of the only accessible toilet or cistern in your home
- The failure of, or damage to, underground drains or sewers within the boundary of your home
- The complete failure of the main services in your home, for which you're legally responsible
- The complete failure of your central heating system involving a boiler or warm air unit
- Removal of wasp nests, mice or rats from your home
- The repair or replacement of damaged or broken locks, doors and windows
- Break-in or vandalism compromising the security of your home
The following are not covered:
- Let properties
- Second homes, if left unoccupied for more than 60 days
- Any claims made within 14 days of the policy start date
- Faults, damage or infestation that you were aware of at the time you bought the cover
- Any costs that haven't been previously agreed
- Any replacement costs as a result of natural wear and tear, gradual deterioration or your failure to maintain your home
Other terms and exclusions apply to the home emergency cover we provide. Please read our policy booklet.
Get your quick and easy home insurance quote today.
We also offer optional legal expenses cover.