Legal expenses cover
Shape your cover
Get help with legal claims and disputes when you add our legal expenses cover. We'll provide up to £100,000 in legal representation costs and you won't pay an excess if you claim.
Our legal expenses cover can help with:
- Disputes with neighbours
- Trespass on your property which causes damage or nuisance
- Personal injury that results from an accident outside the home (slipping on a wet floor at the supermarket, for example)
- Unpaid wages or unfair dismissal from work
- Clinical negligence (wrong medication or treatment given, for example)
- Disputing a motor offence (a speeding fine that you believe to be incorrect, for example)
- Cover for you and any family members permanently living with you
There are some things that aren't covered, including:
- Let properties, second homes or holiday homes
- Claims where there's less than a 51% chance of success
- Any costs that haven't been agreed in advance
- Claims where the nuisance or trespassing started within 180 days of you buying similar insurance
- Employment disputes where the incident took place within 90 days of the policy start date
- Clinical negligence resulting in injury or death
- Motoring offences related to drugs or alcohol, or where you are disqualified from driving or don't hold a licence
Other terms and exclusions apply to our legal expenses cover. Please read our policy booklet for further details.
Get your quick and easy home insurance quote today.
We also offer optional home emergency cover.