Need to make a claim?
We know it can be a stressful time, so we’re here to help every step of the way and get things back to normal for you, quick smart. You’ll get a dedicated claims advisor who’s on your side, to manage your claim and help you at every step. And because we know claims aren’t 9 to 5, neither are we. Our UK-based, award-winning claims team are there for you around the clock, 365 days a year.
How to get in touch
When you pick up the phone to talk to us, we want to get you to the right person as quickly as possible:
Your handy guide to making an easy business claim
We understand how important it is to get your business back up and running when something goes wrong. We’ll get straight on the case, making it easier for you to get things back to normal, quick smart.
And if you’ve had a bigger loss, such as a theft or fire, we’ll get a Loss Adjuster on the case to manage every step of your claim.
As well as Loss Adjusters, we have a number of suppliers who can help us with your claim. These include glaziers, drainage experts, structural engineers, building surveyors, computer repairers, and replacement specialists.
Even if you’re not going to make a claim, please give us a call to let us know what’s happened.
Before you tell us about your contents claim, try to tick off the following to help us to sort your claim out sooner:
- If you’re claiming for loss, theft or malicious damage, you need to report it to the police and get a crime reference number
- Get any temporary repairs sorted, to stop any more damage or loss. Keep your invoice and if your claim’s covered, we’ll give you a refund
- Keep hold of any damaged items as we may need to see them
- Let us know if someone is making a claim against you or if any of your employees have an injury
- Don’t admit any fault or liability
To give you a heads up before you get in touch, we’ll need your policy number and all the details of your claim, as well as:
- Your proof of purchase invoice
- An estimated cost to replace the damaged or stolen item
- If the item can’t be fixed, we’ll need a confirmation letter from an independent expert, explaining the cause of the damage
- Two estimates to repair the damaged property
- Any photos you have – before and after the event – would be useful
- Your trading accounts if you’re making a business interruption claim
- Any correspondence from a third party if you’re being held responsible for an injury or damage
If you’re getting in touch about an injury claim, the following would also really help us to speed things up:
- CCTV footage
- Witness statements and contact information
- Employee earning schedule – for three months before and after the incident
- First aid or accident book report
- HSE forms or minutes from any health and safety meetings
- Training records
- Evidence of the use of personal protective equipment
- Maintenance logs for the machinery on your premises
- Risk assessments
Just so you know, we legally only have 30 days to investigate an Employers Liability claim and 40 days to investigate a Public Liability claim – so it’s important to get in touch as soon as you can. And if you have any CCTV recordings of the incident, please keep hold of them, along with any accident reports.