Claim referral form

We know making a claim can be a stressful time, so we’re here to help every step of the way and get things back to normal for you, quick smart. Please record your claim through the form below and we'll get in touch as soon as possible.

Update on a legal ruling in relation to business interruption policies and Covid-19

On 16 June 2023, the High Court gave a judgment on the interpretation of various business interruption policies in the context of the Covid-19 pandemic. The judgment is relevant to some extensions issued as part of Ageas commercial policies, including Commercial Guard – Shopkeepers, Commercial Guard – Leisure, Commercial Guard – Homeworkers & Office, and various scheme wordings.

The Court found that policyholders with extensions of this type may, in principle, be able to recover business interruption losses caused by government restrictions imposed in response to Covid-19 if they can prove that there was an occurrence of Covid-19 at the insured premises prior to the imposition of those restrictions.

We are reviewing any relevant claims that have been submitted to us and will be writing to our customers to inform them of the outcome.

For more information, please contact your broker.

Please provide your claim details below and our claims team will be in touch with you as quickly as possible.

An error has occurred while getting captcha image

How to get in touch over the phone

When you pick up the phone to talk to us, we want to get you to the right person as quickly as possible:

Make a claim - Our Gloucester office

0345 122 3283

Your Policy Schedule will show which office to call.

Make a claim - Our Eastleigh office

0345 415 0495

Your Policy Schedule will show which office to call.

Make a claim - Professional indemnity

0370 600 2123

Your handy guide to making an easy business claim

We understand how important it is to get your business back up and running when something goes wrong. We’ll get straight on the case, making it easier for you to get things back to normal, quick smart.

And if you’ve had a bigger loss, such as a theft or fire, we’ll get a Loss Adjuster on the case to manage every step of your claim.

As well as Loss Adjusters, we have a number of suppliers who can help us with your claim. These include glaziers, drainage experts, structural engineers, building surveyors, computer repairers, and replacement specialists.

Even if you’re not going to make a claim, please give us a call to let us know what’s happened. 

Before you tell us about your contents claim, try to tick off the following to help us to sort your claim out sooner:

  • If you’re claiming for loss, theft or malicious damage, you need to report it to the police and get a crime reference number
  • Get any temporary repairs sorted, to stop any more damage or loss. Keep your invoice and if your claim’s covered, we’ll give you a refund
  • Keep hold of any damaged items as we may need to see them
  • Let us know if someone is making a claim against you or if any of your employees have an injury
  • Don’t admit any fault or liability

To give you a heads up before you get in touch, we’ll need your policy number and all the details of your claim, as well as:

  • Your proof of purchase invoice
  • An estimated cost to replace the damaged or stolen item
  • If the item can’t be fixed, we’ll need a confirmation letter from an independent expert, explaining the cause of the damage
  • Two estimates to repair the damaged property
  • Any photos you have – before and after the event – would be useful
  • Your trading accounts if you’re making a business interruption claim
  • Any correspondence from a third party if you’re being held responsible for an injury or damage

If you’re getting in touch about an injury claim, the following would also really help us to speed things up:

  • CCTV footage
  • Witness statements and contact information
  • Employee earning schedule – for three months before and after the incident
  • First aid or accident book report
  • HSE forms or minutes from any health and safety meetings
  • Training records
  • Evidence of the use of personal protective equipment
  • Maintenance logs for the machinery on your premises
  • Risk assessments

Just so you know, we legally only have 30 days to investigate an Employers Liability claim and 40 days to investigate a Public Liability claim – so it’s important to get in touch as soon as you can. And if you have any CCTV recordings of the incident, please keep hold of them, along with any accident reports.