Family car insurance
Making car insurance easy
We work hard to make car insurance easy. Easy to get a quote. Easy to make a claim. Welcome to easy car insurance for your family car.
Uninsured Driver Promise^
if your car is hit by an uninsured driver your excess will be reimbursed and your no claims discount reinstated.
Onward travel cover
If you are in an accident and your car can't be driven, we can arrange transport for you and your family to get home or to your planned UK destination.
Make a claim 24/7
Why choose Ageas to help protect your family?
- One of the UK's largest car insurers - over five million customers already trust us to protect their cars, homes, travel and business.
- No admin charges - when you make a change to your policy online, including adding a family member as a named driver.
- Emergency overnight accommodation - if your car is not roadworthy following an accident we can arrange overnight accommodation.**
We provide some of the highest quality cover in the market
Ageas Car Insurance provides one of the most comprehensive policies in the market, as indicated by its Defaqto 5 Star Rating.
Defaqto is an independent financial information business, helping financial institutions, financial advisers and consumers make better informed decisions.
Tips for insuring your family car
- Shop around for family cars - If you’re looking for a family car and want to keep your costs down, it’s worth shopping around. The car you choose will impact your insurance premium, along with several other factors.
- Name the main driver correctly - The family member who will primarily be driving the car should be named as the main driver. Naming someone falsely to lower your premium is considered fronting - a form of fraud that could invalidate your policy and make it hard to get insurance in the future.
- Tailor your policy - If several family members drive your car, it's worth considering what type of cover you all need to ensure you're protected. Check out our optional extras to see how you can tailor your policy to your family's needs.
We're proud of what our customers say about us...
Frequently asked questions
You can add named drivers to your car insurance policy, including a family member. It's important to bear in mind that adding a family member as a named driver to your policy can impact the price of your insurance, either negatively or positively, depending on various factors, such as their age and driving history. If you add a family member or any other named drivers to your policy, it's essential to remember that the main driver should always be the person who will primarily be driving the car. If you're insured with Ageas, you can contact us on 0345 165 0570 to add a named driver to your policy.
The type of family car you buy will always depend on your own family's needs. While a hatchback or small SUV may be suitable for some families, larger families may be better off with a seven-seater. How much you'll pay to insure your family car will depends on a number of factors that include your age, your driving history, who's driving the car, where you park your car overnight and the model of vehicle you go for. One thing some insurers may look at is the insurance group of the car you’d like covered. Insurance groups are bandings from 1-50, which look at the level of risk and costs associated with your car. Cars placed in higher groups are usually more expensive to insure. Before you settle on a family car, it may be worth checking which insurance group it falls under and even get an insurance quote in advance to have an idea of how much you could pay.