When you buy a car insurance policy with Ageas we’ll make a payment of £20.13 to ClimateCare on your behalf. That’s enough to compensate for 2.68 tonnes of carbon emissions, which roughly equals 7,500 miles driven in an average car in the UK.
Who are ClimateCare?
ClimateCare is one of the UK’s leading providers of carbon offsetting programmes - that’s why we’ve chosen to work with them to offset carbon emissions. Your emissions will be offset through high-quality projects that cut carbon emissions (helping tackle climate change) and improve people’s lives. Projects we’ve selected include providing safe water to families in Kenya and fuel efficient stoves to communities in Kenya and Bangladesh.
Terms and conditions
Version 3 – Offer extended – updated 08.10.20
- For every new Ageas car insurance policy with the carbon offset offer purchased via the Confused.com website, Ageas will pay to offset 2.68 tonnes of CO2 car emissions through ClimateCare Oxford Limited (company number 7632295) (“ClimateCare”) at a cost of £20.13.
- This amount of CO2 is enough to compensate for 7,500 miles driven in an average car in the UK based on BEIS UK GOV Emissions factors 2019 for an average car including Well-To-Tank factors (WTT). WTT accounts for the emissions associated with the production of fuel prior to its use in a vehicle. This is sourced from https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/greenhouse-gas-reporting-conversion-factors-2019
- In order for this offer to be applied to your purchase, you must have seen the banner advert on Confused.com promoting this offer, and either clicked through to the Ageas website or phone the Ageas call centre to purchase your car insurance in full on the same day that you saw the banner advert.
- This offer is only available for purchases via the Confused.com website where the promotional banner is displayed between 15th September and 16th October 2020.
- Ageas will only make the payment to ClimateCare on your behalf as long as you have not cancelled your policy within 14 days of the date of your purchase and, if paying by direct debit, your payments are up to date. Please note: you will not be asked to make the payment yourself if either of these things happen.
- Ageas will send you a confirmation email that your carbon has been offset within 60 days of the date on which you purchase your policy.
- This is a limited offer currently being made available to selected customers - the offsetting payment only applies to the first year of your Ageas car insurance policy.
- Ageas reserves the right to withdraw or amend this offer at any time. Any changes to the offer will be published on this webpage.
- Ageas is not responsible for any technical issues which prevent any person from successfully purchasing a new car insurance policy.
- The terms of this offer are governed by English law and disputes will be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Courts of England.
This offer is promoted by Ageas Retail Limited. Registered office: Ageas House, Hampshire Corporate Park, Templars Way, Eastleigh, Hampshire SO53 3YA. Company number (01324965).