Our business and strategy
- Provider of non-life insurance products
- Ageas distributes Personal and Commercial insurance through brokers, affinity partners and through its own brands
- Ageas holds a 51.1% share in Tesco Underwriting, providing home and motor insurance to Tesco Bank customers
- Around 7 million policyholders insured with Ageas
- Around 5,000 employees in the UK
- Offices across the UK
- Award-winning products and services
- Non-life Gross Written Premiums of £1,783.2 million (year end 2015)
- Net profit: £21.4 million (year end 2015)
- Retail Business inflows of £146.9 million (year end 2015)
For our latest quarterly results, please see our trading updates.
Market Positions in the UK:
- 2nd largest Motorcycle insurer *
- 3rd largest Private Car insurer
- 4th largest Personal lines intermediary
- 6th largest Household insurer
- 7th largest Travel insurer
- 7th largest Non-Life insurer
Source: Analysis of AM Best database of UK based insurance companies submitting FSA returns (GWP) – 2013;
(Ageas is representative of the combined Ageas Insurance and Tesco Underwriting position)
Intermediary data: Insurance Times' Top 50 Brokers 2014 (based on income as at June 2013)
* Timetric analysis of PRA Returns 2013
See Ageas Businesses for further information about our businesses.
The Bigger Picture
Ageas (Insurance UK) is part of Ageas Group, an international insurance business of significant scale. The Group offers Retail and Business customers Life and Non-Life insurance products designed to suit their specific needs, today and tomorrow. As one of Europe's larger insurance companies, Ageas concentrates its activities in Europe and Asia, which together make up the major part of the global insurance market. Ageas ranks among the market leaders in the countries in which it operates. It represents a staff force of over 40,000 people and reported annual inflows close to EUR 30 billion in 2015 (all figures at 100%).
Company name: Ageas (UK) Limited
Place of registration: England and Wales
Registered number: 01093301
Registered address: Ageas House, Hampshire Corporate Park, Templars Way, Eastleigh, Hampshire, SO53 3YA
Nature of business: Non-Life insurance.