Ageas Pet Insurance customers
Your information and what we do with it.
In this Privacy Notice, ‘we’, ‘us’ and ‘our’ refers to one or more of the subsidiary companies of Ageas (UK) Limited. This includes Ageas Retail Limited (data controller registration number Z5667691) and their various trading entities. If you want to know more about the Ageas group and Ageas brands please go to www.ageas.co.uk.
This Privacy Notice explains how your personal information is used for the marketing, sale and administration and when you claim on your Ageas Pet Insurance policy.
Ageas Retail Limited is the data controller of your personal information for the purposes of marketing similar products and services and for analysis of the performance of the pet product. This document explains how Ageas Retail Limited uses your personal information.
The privacy and security of your personal information is very important to us so we want to assure you that your information will be properly managed and protected whilst in our hands. Please read this notice carefully as it explains how we and/or carefully selected third parties we work with, collect and use your personal information.
You can ask for further information about our use of your personal information (in regard to marketing and analysis of the performance of the pet product) or complain about its use, by contacting our Data Protection Officer at: Ageas House, Hampshire Corporate Park, Templars Way, Eastleigh, Hampshire, SO53 3YA or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please note that for further information or complaints about the use of your personal information relating to the sales, administration or claim handling of Ageas Pet Insurance you should contact the Insurance Factory Limited Data Protection Officer at: Markerstudy Group Data Protection Officer, 45 Westerham Road, Bessels Green, Sevenoaks, TN13 2QB or by emailing email@example.com
You provide personal information to Ultimate Insurance Solutions Limited so they can sell and administer the policy and handle your Ageas Pet Insurance claim on behalf of Ageas Retail Limited. Ultimate Insurance Solutions Limited shares your personal information with us so that we can carry out the activities described in section 3 of this notice.
The information we receive about you when you complete a quotation, or purchase an Ageas Pet Insurance policy, can include; :
- general information about you such as your name, address, contact details and date of birth;
- information about your pet(s) you want to insure;
- your claims record related to your pet(s).
- information about your use of our websites such as your IP address, which is a unique number identifying your computer.
We may also collect personal information from databases containing details of any products quoted by or purchased from other Ageas brands.
We and/or our carefully selected third parties may collect and use your personal information where we have a justifiable reason (also known as a legitimate interest), such as:
- carrying out processes such as analysis and modelling which may include computerised processes which profile you, as well as statistical, trend and market research in relation to our products and/or services to better understand, predict and forecast our customer’s or prospective customer’s preferences and behaviour and to develop and improve the products and services we offer. We may communicate with you by post, e-mail, SMS and/or telephone to ask you to participate in this research, unless you have told us you do not want us to. If you do not want us to contact you in relation to market research, you may ask us to stop contacting you at any time. Please refer to section 4 of this notice for contact details.
- using information collected from databases we use together with the personal information you give us, to help us to improve and develop our internal databases and systems (such as those used for assessing the risks we insure and communicating with you) in order to improve the products and services we offer. For more information about how we communicate our products and services, please refer to section 4 of this notice.
- we may anonymise and combine the information to help us understand more about you, create new products and services as well as helping us with our marketing.
- recording and monitoring calls for training purposes, to improve the quality of the service provided to you and help us deal with queries or complaints.
- Oversight and monitoring of the Ageas Pet Insurance service being provided by Ultimate Insurance Solutions Limited, such as periodic auditing and monitoring call monitoring or complaint handling activity.
We will contact you, in order to communicate products and/or services which we believe may be of interest to you and which relate to your general insurance needs.
There may be times when we will require your permission to provide information about products and services to you, such as:
- where the product or service is not similar to those that we currently provide to you but we believe you may be interested in it; or
- when you have opted out of us sending details or contacting you in relation to the products and services we offer.
We may communicate with you by post, email, SMS, telephone and/or digital methods such as social media and online advertising, unless you have told us you do not want us to. Where you no longer hold a policy with us or we have previously provided you with a quotation, we will keep you informed about our products and services for a period of up to 5 years from the date you last obtained the quotation or your policy lapsed. If you do not want us to do this, you may ask us to stop contacting you about our products and services at any time by:
- email – firstname.lastname@example.org
- post – Ageas House, Hampshire Corporate Park, Templars Way, Eastleigh, Hampshire, SO53 3YA
Our carefully selected business partners may use your personal information to only make our promotional offers available to you and manage those offers on our behalf.
We may develop and enhance the information we hold about you with the aim of improving the products and services we offer. We may share your personal information with carefully selected third party databases which, when combined with the personal information you have given us, helps us to target and tailor our marketing communications to make them more timely, relevant and personalised to you. For further information about the third party databases we use, please contact the Data Protection Officer using the details set out in section 1 of this notice.
Use of your personal information when using our websites and email communications:
When you visit an Ageas website we may collect information from you such as, your email address, IP address and other online identifiers. This helps us to track unique visits and monitor patterns of customer website traffic, such as who visits and why they visit. We use third parties to collate IP addresses to help us understand our Internet traffic data and data regarding your browser type and computer.
Internet browsers normally accept cookies by default, although it is possible to set a browser to reject cookies. We will ask your permission before using any cookie that is not essential to the email or the use of the website. However, refusing to accept cookies may restrict your use of our website and/or delay or affect the way in which our website operates. For further information about cookies, please click here.
The open nature of the internet is such that data may flow over networks without security measures, and may be accessed and used by people other than those for whom the data is intended. Whilst this is outside of our control, we do take the protection of your information very seriously and aim to apply appropriate levels of security at all times.
We may share your personal information with:
- Ultimate Insurance Solutions Limited, for example, as part of overseeing their administration of Ageas Pet Insurance policies or for claims handling;
- other companies or brands within the Ageas group, namely Ageas Insurance Limited and Ageas Retail Limited. For example, to let you know about our products and/or services that may be of interest to you.
- other business partners, agents or carefully selected third parties providing a service to us or on our behalf, such as: processing our mail, assisting with our marketing activity in order to help improve our products, providing IT systems and administrative services and improvement of our internal databases.
- organisations that have a specific role laid out in law such as statutory bodies, regulatory authorities and other authorised bodies.
- other organisations where we have a duty to or are permitted to disclose your personal information by law (e.g. if we received a valid request from the police or other third party organisation in the interest of preventing and detecting crime).
- third parties where you have provided permission, or have agreed to benefit from an offer or service e.g. reward scheme. Where this occurs we will receive personal information from the third party to validate that you are a policyholder.
- other insurers, insurance brokers or intermediaries to whom we may decide to sell any specific insurance policies. Should we want to do this, we will advise you in good time, so that you can object.
- another company, if our business or part of it is bought or taken over by that company to ensure your insurance policy can continue to be serviced or as part of preliminary discussions with that company about a possible sale or take over.
- other companies when we are trialling their products and services which we consider may improve our services to you or our business processes.
- other third parties if you have given us your permission to do so or there is sufficient reason to believe they are acting on your behalf.
Unless required by law, we would never share your personal data without the appropriate and necessary care and safeguards being in place. Please contact the Data Protection Officer using the details set out in section 1 of this notice should you require further details about with whom we may share your personal information.
We will keep your information only for as long as is reasonably necessary for the purposes set out in this privacy notice. For further information about how long we will keep your information, please contact the Data Protection Officer using the contact details outlined in section 1 of this notice.
The personal information we and our carefully selected third parties collect from you may be transferred to, stored and processed outside the European Economic Area (EEA). We or our service providers may use cloud based computer systems (i.e. network of remote servers hosted on the internet which process and store your information) to which foreign law enforcement agencies may have the power to require access. We will not transfer your information outside the EEA unless it was to a country our information regulator has assessed as having adequate data protection laws, or we had taken all reasonable steps to ensure the firm has the necessary privacy and security controls in place to protect your information as if it were in the EEA. Our contracts with these firms will detail the necessary requirements to ensure your information is protected. We will assess these firms’ security arrangements from time to time ensuring that they are only using your information as agreed. Should you wish to obtain further information about the safeguards we have in place, please contact the Data Protection Officer whose contact details are outlined in section 1 of this notice.
You have a number of rights concerning the personal information we use, these include the right to:
- object to the processing of your personal information for the justifiable reasons detailed in section 3b).
- ask for access to and a copy of your personal information.
- ask us to correct your personal information.
- ask us to delete your personal information. Please be aware that there may be certain circumstances where we may not be able to do this, for example, where the processing of your personal information is necessary for us to comply with a legal obligation.
- ask us to restrict the use of your personal information at any time, except where we have a justifiable reason to use it.
- ask us to move, copy or transfer your personal information to a third party (known as ‘data portability’).
- where you have previously given us your permission to use your personal information for marketing purposes, withdraw that permission. Where your permission is withdrawn, your previous consent will remain valid in respect of our use of your information prior to the date you withdrew it, or if any marketing material has been sent prior to you advising that you do not wish us to contact you again.
- complain to the Information Commissioner’s Office at any time if you object to the way we use your personal information or if you believe we have breached the requirements of the General Data Protection Regulations. For more information please go to www.ico.org.uk.
- object to an automated decision including profiling. For details about the profiling activity we undertake, please refer to section 3 of this notice.
To discuss your rights or make a request, please contact the Data Protection Officer using the details outlined in section 1 of this notice. Please note that in some cases even when you make a request concerning your personal information, we may not be required, or may not be able, to honour it as this may result in us not being able to fulfil our legal and regulatory obligations or there is a minimum statutory period of time for which we have to keep your information. If this is the case then we will let you know our reasons.