My Cover FAQs

We're here to help

What does home legal expenses cover include?

We offer Personal Legal Protection cover that is provided by ARC Legal Assistance and is only £26.50 for the year. This cover will provide you with legal representation up to £100,000 to cover a wide range of incidents.  For more information, please visit our website. To add this cover to your policy, please follow the steps below on your online account:

  • On the ‘My Home’ page you will see your selected optional cover under ‘Enhance my cover’
  • To amend this, select ‘Find out more’
  • You will then be able to select a start date for your change and amend your cover.

To log in to your online account, please click the link below

What does home emergency cover include?

Home emergency cover is a 24 hour call out cover, which is available 365 days of the year, so you have peace of mind a tradesman can be sent out to you in the event of a specified emergency in your home. As long as the home isn’t left unoccupied for more than 60 days, it covers up to £500 for call outs, parts and labour as a result of a specified emergency that renders the home uninhabitable or creates a risk to health, loss of or damage to your home or belongings.

This will also include cover for heating and hot water.

For more information, please visit our website by clicking the link below:

What's a policy excess?

A policy excess is the amount you have to pay towards the cost of your claim. There are different excesses that may apply. Details of your policy excess can be found in your policy schedule, or as part of your quote result.

A compulsory excess is the amount you have to pay towards the claim. This will be shown in your policy schedule as a ‘standard’ excess.

A voluntary excess is something you may have added when you took your policy out.

This excess will be added to the standard (or compulsory) policy excess in the event of a claim.

Why won't you cover me anymore?

We use a range of information to see whether we can provide a quote. If we can’t provide one to you today, please try us again in future because we do review this information regularly.

Do you offer temporary cover?

Unfortunately, we don't offer temporary cover on your home insurance. To make permanent policy changes, please click the button below and our Live Chat team will be happy to help or call us.

I am unable to get a quote after inputting my claim details, why is this?

Unfortunately, we will need you to call us in order for us to help you with this.

Can you improve my renewal price?

We want to make renewing easy. We think it is fairer and more convenient for our customers if we provide our final price from the outset based on the information we hold for you. We don't offer discounts.

To renew now or stop your renewal just click the link below:

Save time with our virtual assistant

If you can’t find what you need it can also direct you to the easiest way to contact us.
Bought your policy through a broker, partner or intermediary? Broker help.