The Ford Mondeo is one of Britain’s best-selling family cars. A common sight on our roads since 1993, this sturdy Ford model is still as popular as ever, four generations and a vast number of variants later.
The Mondeo boasts the kind of space that fits the whole family comfortably and merges it with a performance that makes it a joy to drive. It's hard not to be impressed by the interior finish of the latest variants, too.
Meet the Ford Mondeo
- In production since 1993, the model comes as either a five-door hatchback, four-door saloon or five-door estate.
- The newest editions come with lots of impressive Ford innovations as standard; including Quickclear windscreens, Active City Stop to avoid low-speed collisions, and the SYNC 3 voice command system.
- It’s also available as an advanced Hybrid Electric Vehicle, perfect for city driving or anyone looking to reduce their carbon footprint.
Can Ageas help?
- You’ll certainly be used to seeing the stalwart Mondeo on British roads, and we’re just as used to providing insurance on Ford cars here at Ageas.
- We’ve been providing cover for Ford drivers for decades, helping give thousands of them peace of mind when they take to the tarmac.
- We offer plenty of optional extras, so you can customise your policy to get exactly the kind of cover you need. And with a 24 hour claims service and lifetime guarantee* on the workmanship of repairs undertaken at our approved garages for as long as you own the car, you can be confident we’re a reliable choice.
Get your quick and easy car insurance quote today.
Ford Mondeo insurance groups and tax bands
Because every person and every car is different, insurers have to consider lots of information when deciding on a premium that’s right for you. Some providers look at the insurance group of your vehicle as a weighing factor. This is a 1-50 banding system that indicates the part and repair costs, and performance statistics, of any given model.
All vehicles that circulate on British roads need to be taxed annually. How much you’ll need to pay is based upon a tax banding system, which takes into consideration the car’s CO2 emissions.
Insurance groupings and tax bands for popular versions of the Mondeo include:
|Model||Insurance Group||Tax Band|
|Ford Mondeo 1.6 TDCi Eco Edge||12||B|
|Ford Mondeo 1.6 Zetec||13||C|
|Ford Mondeo 1.6 Graphite||14||G|
|Ford Mondeo 1.6 TDCi Eco Zetec||16||A|
|Ford Mondeo 2.2 TDCi Titanium X||26||G|
|Ford Mondeo 2.5T Titanium||
|Ford Mondeo 2.5T Titanium X Sport||27||K|
|Ford Mondeo 2.0 EcoBoost Titanium X Sport||28||J|
Did you know?
This model has been crowned by What Car? As the best family car or best estate car, eight times in the last ten years.
While we aim to offer insurance to as many drivers as possible, we can’t guarantee to provide cover for every model of vehicle, including your Ford Mondeo.
Insurance applications are assessed individually. The outcome of your application will depend on a number of factors, including your personal circumstances and your car model.