In this Privacy Notice, ‘we’, ‘us’ and ‘our’ refers to one or more of the subsidiary companies of Ageas (UK) Limited. This includes Ageas Insurance Limited (data controller registration number Z5472176) and Ageas Retail Limited (data controller registration number Z5667691). If you want to know more about the Ageas group please go to www.ageas.co.uk.
The privacy and security of your personal information is very important to us so we want to assure you that your information will be properly managed and protected whilst in our hands. Please read this notice carefully as it explains how we and our third parties we work with, collect, use and store your personal information. You can ask us for a list of our third parties at any time.
You can ask for further information about our use of your personal information or complain about its use, by contacting our Data Protection Officer at: Ageas House, Hampshire Corporate Park, Templars Way, Eastleigh, Hampshire, SO53 3YA or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
We will ask you to share personal information with us.
This personal information may include;
- general information about you such as your name, telephone numbers, email address, car registration, mileage and age
- demographic data, such as region and gender
- information about your use of our website such as your IP address, which is a unique number identifying your computer.
The circumstances in which we use your information, the reasons why we ask for it and details of how we will use it are explained in section 3 of this notice.
We may collect information from www.gov.uk for verifying car mileage.
For us to conduct and appropriately target our market research we will collect personal information from and about you.
- To help us develop products and services by contacting you as part of our market research
- To help us provide the best methods of communicating any new products and services to the market
- To use data analytics and profiling to improve our website, products/services and marketing
- To send you information related to the products and or services that we may bring to the market, where have you shown an interest and have consented to receive such information.
We will only use your personal information where you have provided consent through an ‘opt-in’. Where you have consented your email address will be used to invite you to participate in market research and to provide you with further details of the product you have shown an interest in.
Your participation is always on a voluntary basis and you can opt out or choose not to take part at any time at any time by emailing email@example.com.
The feedback you provide us with will be collected along with your personal information and combined with other feedback and opinions from other individuals to give us an overall customer view of the products, services and insurance related topics we ask about. Your feedback and opinions will be used to help us improve the products and services we provide, and will not be used as testimonials unless we have asked your permission.
Your feedback and opinions may be segmented according to different demographics to help us identify trends amongst different groups of customers, which could be considered a form of profiling.
There may be times when we may wish to update you on our similar products and services or provide you information, such as marketing, to understand whether you are interested in such products. We will not send you any information where you have opted out. We will only contact you up to two years from the time you provided your consent, or if you have opted out, whichever is earlier.
We may communicate with you by email, but if we think other methods of contacting you would be beneficial, then we will contact you to seek permission to use telephone, SMS and/or post.
If you do not want us to do contact you can ask us to stop contacting you about our products and services at any time by:
- email – firstname.lastname@example.org
- post – Ageas House, Hampshire Corporate Park, Templars Way, Eastleigh, Hampshire, SO53 3YA
Use of your personal information when using one of Ageas’ websites and email communications:
When you visit one of Ageas’ websites we may collect information from you such as, your email address, IP address and other online identifiers. This helps us to track unique visits and monitor patterns of customer website traffic, such as who visits and why they visit. We use third parties to collate IP addresses to help us understand our Internet traffic data and data regarding your browser type and computer.
The open nature of the internet is such that data may flow over networks without security measures, and may be accessed and used by people other than those for whom the data is intended. Whilst this is outside of our control, we do take the protection of your information very seriously and aim to apply appropriate levels of security at all times.
We may share your personal information with:
- other companies when we are trialling products and services which we consider may improve our products on offer to you, services to you or our business processes.
Unless required by law, we would never share your personal data without the appropriate and necessary care and safeguards being in place. Please contact the Data Protection Officer using the details set out in section 1 of this notice should you require further details about with whom we may share your personal information.
Your personal information will be deleted two years from the date provided unless you instruct us to do this sooner.
The personal information we and our carefully selected third parties collect from you may be transferred to, stored and processed outside the UK. We will not transfer your information outside the UK unless it is to a country the UK Government has assessed as having adequate data protection laws or we have taken all reasonable steps to ensure the firm has the necessary privacy and security controls in place to protect your information as if it were in the UK.
You have a number of rights concerning the personal information we use, these include the right to:
- ask for access to and a copy of your personal information;
- ask us to correct or delete your personal information;
- port your data to another insurance provider, known as ‘data portability’
- object to processing for statistical purposes.
- ask us to restrict or object to the use of your personal information at any time;
- complain to the Information Commissioner’s Office at any time if you object to the way we use your personal information. For more information please go to www.ico.org.uk;
Version 1. Last updated 16/09/2019