Ageas now insures 1 in 5 motorbikes in the UK and is on the road to becoming the UK's number one bike insurer. Our development underwriters offer expert underwriting with an extensive understanding of the bike market. Get in touch today to discuss how we can help boost your niche business with our tailored cover.
Terms, conditions and exclusions apply. Please refer to the Policy Wording and Policy Summary for further details. We also underwrite a variety of schemes, if you have a policy underwritten by Ageas you should check your policy document for full cover details.
Geared towards a wide range of motorcyclists with good driving records, Optima Bike, our competitively priced motorcycle insurance product provides extensive cover for your clients.
Who is it for?
- Riders of a wide range of motorcycles from scooters and mopeds to larger bikes. Supersports available to selected brokers.
- Riders requiring comprehensive cover for bikes valued up to £15,000
- Riders requiring third party fire and theft cover for bikes valued up to £5,000
- Riders between 19 and 70 years of age
- Provisional licence holders
- Common modifications acceptable (and quoted for by your software system)
How to get a quote
Via your software house.
To activate Optima Bike please contact your software house.
Also, talk to us about schemes opportunities by contacting your Broker Account Executive.
Comprehensive and third party fire and theft
|Loss of or damage to the insured vehicle
||Up to market value
|Third party injury
|Third party property damage
||£20 million limit
|Audio equipment and satellite navigation equipment
||Unlimited for standard fit equipment
|Lost motorcycle keys and replacement locks
|Emergency medical treatment
||Unlimited payments as required by RTA
||£50 per person (comprehensive only)
|Accidental damage, malicious damage, fire and theft
||£150 to £500 (dependent on vehicle group)
|Young and inexperienced riders excesses (additional to above excess):
||Under 21 - £150
21-24 - £100
25-29 - £50
Inexperienced rider - £50
An inexperienced rider is defined as a person who has a provisional licence or a person who has held a full license for less than 12 months at the time of an event for which a claim is being made.
- Up to 9 years no claim discount
- Protected bonus available if four years or more no claim discount
- Full policy cover for 90 days within EU provided free of charge
- 24 hour accident / theft emergency helpline
- In the event of total loss, a new motorcycle replacement may be available providing motorcycle is under six months old and was first registered as new in the policyholder's name (comprehensive only)
- Guaranteed repairs for three years with an approved repairer