Our Household products – new names, with clearer and better cover.
From 1 October 2017, all new policies and renewals will contain better-written and more concise policy wordings that make more sense to your customers.
Our easy-to-read policies include:
- House Guard Extra - now called ‘House Guard’
- Optima Home and Optima Bedrooms - now collectively called ‘Optima Home/Beds’
What’s changed and what do I need to do?
We’ve changed several sections within our policy cover to reflect what they really mean in everyday language. We wanted to help customers better understand what was covered, so we’ve re-written the usual insurance jargon to make things clearer.
Due to the level of changes we’ve made, you’ll need to send the new policy wordings to your customers upon renewal. You can easily order or download the new wordings on our stationery and supplies page.
Increased cover limits for House Guard policies
Here are a few highlights of the increased cover that your House Guard customers will enjoy:
- Contents cover has increased from £75,000 to £80,000 on bedroom rated policies
- Valuables are now covered up to 30% of the sum insured
- Unoccupied period cover has increased from 30 days to 60 days
- A single item – up from £2,000 to £2,500
- Contents in the open – £1,000 to £1,500
- Garden cover – £1,000 to £1,500
- A single pedal cycle – £500 to £1,000
- A mobile phone – £300 to £1,000
New Benefits for Optima Home/Beds policies
Your Optima customers will also benefit from the following newly included cover:
- Accommodation costs for 30 days after being forced to leave home
- Damage to recent home improvements covered for 60 days
- Guests’ personal belongings - up to £1,000
- Damage caused by Tenant’s home improvements - up to 10% of the contents sum insured
- Counselling fees – up to £1,000
- Recently purchased contents - up to £1,000
- Being forced to leave home – up to £500
New individual excesses
We’ve also introduced some important new buildings and content excesses across House Guard, Optima Home/Beds:
- £250 flood excess – keeping our products consistent with the FloodRE scheme
- £350 escape of water excess – which now includes damage caused by leaking oil from a domestic heating system
Notice to Policyholders (NTP)
Your existing customers will find out what’s new to their policies as we’ve included an NTP along with all renewal invites since 30 August 2017.
House Guard NTP
Optima Home/Beds NTP
We hope you and your customers enjoy the new changes and that the new policy wordings make things much clearer.
If you have any questions about these changes or anything else to do with your Ageas business, please do get in touch.