Business Legal Guard
Business Legal Guard is a wide ranging legal expenses insurance available only in conjunction with other Ageas Commercial Products.
Terms, conditions and exclusions apply. Please refer to the Policy Wording and Policy Summary for further details. We also underwrite a variety of schemes, if you have a policy underwritten by Ageas you should check your policy document for full cover details.
Standard Cover is for a limit of £100,000 and includes:
- Defence of employment disputes (including compensation awards)
- Tax protection – policyholders costs in connection with a tax investigation
- Pursuit of claims for damage, nuisance or trespass to property
- Pursuit or defence of claims for breach of contract and debt recovery
- Defence costs following alleged non-compliance with laws or regulation
- Loss of wages due to jury service (up to £5,000)
- Employees extra protection - defence against unlawful discrimination, for pension fund trustees and pursuit of a claim if an employee is injured while on business
Where House Contents cover is provided by an Ageas Commercial policy, cover is automatically extended to include Family Legal Guard, a personal legal expenses insurance covering up to £50,000 for disputes relating to
- Personal injury
- Defence of motor or work related prosecutions
- Professional or regulatory investigation
- Identity theft
When residential property is insured on the Ageas Property Owners policy, Landlord's Legal Guard is available as an optional extension. This covers expenses of up to £50,000 for property damage, nuisance and trespass, repossession, recovery of rent arrears and prosecution defence.