Solved: Useful tips and guides
Helping you take care of what matters to you - see our tips and guides on your home, car, insurance, driving and much more.
Make a claim
Need to make a claim? Our UK-based claims team is on hand to help get things back to normal fast.
We’re always happy to hear from you. If you have any queries please contact us.
Make a complaint
If you’re not happy about our service, neither are we. Please get in touch, so we can try and put things right for you as quickly as possible.
View our documents
Make sure you read our policy documents
Green Card information
Please visit our dedicated page for information about driving in the EU from 2nd August 2021.
Frequently asked questions
We want to make it as easy as possible for you to manage your insurance policy. That's why you can manage your account online 24/7 with no administration charges – meaning you can make adjustments when it suits you. If you have Ageas Car Insurance, you can:
- Update your personal details
- View and download your policy documents
- Amend your policy
- Renew your policy
If you are a home insurance customer, you can view and download your policy documents on your online account.
You'll need to fill in our short registration form. Once you've entered all your details, click 'Create My Online Account'.
Once you've successfully signed in, you'll be able to take advantage of all sorts of online services, including viewing your policy documents, uploading your No Claims Discount documents, and making changes to or renewing your policy.
If you have any other queries about your online account, please speak to us via Live Chat.
We'll get in touch with you if we need to see proof of your No Claims Discount. If we've already contacted you, you can provide your proof of No Claims Discount by uploading it in your online account or submit it directly through our online form. Just so you know, if we ask you for proof of your No Claims Discount, you’ll need to send it to us within 14 days of purchase, otherwise we’ll have to cancel your policy and won’t be able to restart cover for you.
What to do
Once you’re logged in to your online account, click on the ‘Your documents’ tab in the My Car page. Click on ‘Add document’ and add your No Claims Discount file, click on ‘Upload’ and it will automatically be sent to us to review. You will also be able to see your document in the ‘Your Uploaded Documents’ section on the Documents tab.
Alternatively, you can post your proof of No Claims Discount to the following address:
Deansleigh House, Deansleigh Road
Bournemouth BH7 7DU
Note: Please do not send your proof of NCD to any other postal address, as this may mean we are unable to process it or start your policy.
Once we’ve received your proof we'll then contact you to confirm it is acceptable or let you know if we need any more information.
What we accept
What we’re after as acceptable proof is either a full renewal invitation, a cancellation letter or a Proof of No Claims Discount letter from your previous insurer. Whichever option you go for, you’ll need to include:
- A letterhead that clearly identifies your previous insurer
- Your previous policy number
- Your previous policy expiry date
- Your name and full address
- Your No Claims Discount in years
Uploads can be in a variety of formats, including PDF or a photo in the following formats: GIF, PNG, JPG, JPEG and JPE. Just make sure your document is less than 3MB.
- You can reset your password yourself online.
- Click the ‘forgotten password’ link on the log-in page. You need to provide your username, then this will take you to a page where you can choose how you would like to recover your password
- If you choose to answer a security question, you’ll be asked one of the questions you set-up when creating your online account. Once answered successfully, you’ll then be asked to choose and confirm a new password
- If you choose to be emailed a unique link, click on the button in the email and you’ll be taken to a page to choose and confirm your new password.
- You can retrieve your username yourself online.
- Click the ‘forgotten username’ link on the log-in page. This will take you to a page where you'll be asked to input your surname, date of birth and post code.
- Once confirmed, this will take to a pages where you can choose how you would like to retrieve your username
- If you choose to answer a security question, you’ll be asked one of the questions you set-up when creating your online account. Once answered successfully, you’ll then be shown your username
- If you choose email we’ll send you an email containing your username
Check you are using the correct username and password (these may be case sensitive) use the ‘forgotten username’ and ‘forgotten password’ links to re-set these details so you can log in.
You can access this yourself in your online account. Once you're logged in, click ‘My Car’ and then in the ‘Your documents’ tab, you can open your insurance certificate and save it to your computer. You can log into your account up to 6 months after your policy has ended. If you require your No Claims Discount after this time, please contact us on Live Chat.
Since the UK Government announced the confirmation of a trade deal at the end of 2020, anyone wishing to drive their vehicle outside of the UK from the 1st January 2021, had been required to carry a Green Card.
The European Commission has announced that with effect from the 2nd August 2021, UK drivers will no longer be required to carry Green Cards when driving their vehicle in the EU (including Ireland), Andorra, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Iceland, Liechtenstein, Norway, Serbia, and Switzerland. Please note that a Green Card may still be required to drive in other countries, including: Albania, Azerbaijan, Belarus, Moldova, Russia, Turkey and Ukraine. For more information, please visit: https://www.gov.uk/vehicle-insurance/driving-abroad.
A Green Card is an International Motor Insurance Certificate which evidences that your current insurance policy provides the necessary minimum level of cover for driving in the EU country you are travelling to or through. You can find more information on our Driving in Europe page.
Please note: Ageas Essentials policies are limited to the minimum third party cover when driving in the EU. Please see your policy documents for more information.
To add a temporary driver you'll need to give us a call.
Before you get in touch with us for a replacement certificate, please make sure you have at least three of the following details to hand:
- Your policy number
- Post code
- The first line of your address
- Your chosen payment method, for example direct debit or credit card
- For car insurance – your car registration number
Your new certificate should be with you by post within five to seven working days. Unfortunately we can’t email your replacement certificate.
You can view all your documents in your online account. Once you’re logged in head to the ‘My Car’ or 'My Home' page and click on the ’Your documents’ tab. Here you will be able to see all your documents, to open a document just click on the view button next to it.
There’s no charge to make a change to your policy through your online account.